Monday, June 04, 2007

Retreat slash training

It's the month of June already. These days I'm always playing catch up. However, I'm not trying to make up for lost time like most people. It's enough just to embrace the present.

I'm staying in a house in Pacifica doing a retreat slash training with my co-workers. My old friend Alice Waco and new friend Stephen Matchett are my co-facilitators in this three days alternative violence training. When I was in prison facilitating workshops with people from the outside, I talked about one day doing the training in the free world. Today, I'm doing it.

Before the training started, my co-workers were apprehensive about such long training. They were afraid that it's going to be long and boring. I too was feeling the anxiety of my co-workers not accepting the workshop. To my relief, everyone embraced the first day with enthusiasm. Though there's room for improvement, I'm satisfied with the process. I look forward to the reaction from them at the last day of our training. I have no doubt that we'd have built a strong community.

Everything in life is a process. As long as we can keep our minds open and take care of our responsibilities, things will fall into place automatically.

1 Comments:

Blogger jessica said...

good to hear the retreat is going well!

3:23 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home