Monday, April 30, 2007

April Reflection


The month of April came and went. Though I've only been out in the free world for two months and three days, it felt like I've been here for a long time. I contribute my smooth transition to the support of my family, friends and community, as well as my spontaneity.

During the month I've had the privilege to be invited to many speaking engagements. I had the opportunity to speak at middle schools, high schools, recreation centers and universities. Whenever I share with people I have an idea of what I want to talk about, but I never have a script. I like to come off the cuff. That form of speaking has worked out for me so far. However, I do see the need to prepare some focused topics with different length of time along with PowerPoint demonstrations to improve my presentations. I will be working on that in the month of May.

I thought the concept of time would change from inside of prison to the gated communities. It didn't. Time is still flying by. I still feel that there is not enough time in the day for me to do all the things that I want to do. Therefore, the only change is my responsibilities.

I enjoy connecting with people wherever I go. The Chinese community has truly embrace me as someone who has transform his life. Since I've been out, whenever I go to places where there's Chinese people they would recognize me and express their support for me. I'm grateful and amazed at their acceptance of me.

One thing that I love being out here is being able to spend some quality time with my family. To be able to sit down and share a home cooked meal made by my Mom feels heavenly.

Everyday has been a beautiful day to me. I'm ready to embrace the month of May.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey Eddy,
Just want to let you know I'm happy to have met you and your refreshing outlook on life this Monday. Thanks for talking and doing what you're doing. Its inspiring.

12:56 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home