Friday, April 20, 2007

The Big Three O

The Chinatown Community Development Center (CCDC) had its 30th anniversary celebration today. I had the honor of attending the special occasion and met some wonderful people. It's great to see a diverse group of people who have served the community for years to get acknowledge for their work. The field of social work is always overwork and underpaid. However, the personal gratification of making a difference in the community is not something money can buy. Of course, there're also those who are jaded from the hard work. Social work is not for everyone - only the dedicated ones can endure.

CCDC has supported my release from prison and immigration detention. Reverend Norman Fong introduced me to the CCDC staff. I was able to take that opportunity to thank everyone for their support. I felt love from all the aunties and big sisters who embraced me and encouraged me to do well.

CCDC provides many programs for the people of San Francisco, those who are interested should check out www.chinatowncdc.org.