Wednesday, April 25, 2007

My First Job


Yes, for the first time in my life, I have my first job in the free world.

I'm working for the CYC Community Youth Center in San Francisco as a Case Manager/Outreach worker. The mission of CYC is to empower and strengthen high-need Asian youth and their families by providing comprehensive youth development through education, employment training, advocacy, and other support service. I'm also a part of the Community Response Network of Asian Pacific Islanders (CRN-API), which services youth in all schools and communities.

During my incarceration and transformation to become a better person, I'd longed to work for a youth organization so I can utilize my experiences to make a difference in the community. Today that longing has become a reality. I'm grateful for the opportunity to join the team of CYC staff to motivate our youth to succeed. I'm doing something that I enjoy and get pay for it. How can you beat that!?

It's time for me to start doing my part to save lives.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Its a good thing you're doing out there, just wish there were more people like you

1:47 PM  
Blogger Jessica604 said...

Eddy, I'm glad you're where you are now. We need more people like you in the world! Keep up the good work.

9:55 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home