Tuesday, May 01, 2007

KPFA Tour



For many years I listened to programs on KPFA radio station FM 94.1, but I have never been to the station until today. Helen Zia and I went to KPFA station to do an interview with Weyland who hosts Hardknock radio. We were talking about the book Other: an Asian & Pacific Islander Prisoners' Anthology. There will be a book reading on Saturday, May 5th at 3:30pm at the Berkeley Eastwind bookstore.

After the interview Weyland gave me a quick tour of KPFA. I was able to meet some hosts of different shows that I've heard so much on the radio. It was when I went into the music storage room that I felt like a kid being in a candy store. There's probably thousands of CDs on the shelves. I wish I can have a copy of all the CDs.

It's a privilege for me to be in a place where all the alternative news and programs are produced. I hope I'll be able to visit the station more often or maybe even do a monthly segment on one of the shows. We'll see.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home