Monday, May 14, 2007

Catching Up on the Blog

Wow. I can't believe that my last blog was twelve days ago. Where did the time go?

I wanted to write earlier, but I have bad wireless connection. Somehow the local area wireless network is almost always unplugged. I'm glad I got connection tonight.

So much has happened since the last time I worte I don't even know where to start. I guess I have to share my thoughts on the first Mother's Day with you. Since I knew that it'd be difficult for me to get a RSVP in a Chinese restaurant on Mother's Day, I decided to treat my Mom to dinner a day ahead. I invited Mom and the rest of the family for the celebration of Mother's Day. I gave Mom a dozen red roses and a greeting card. Everyone had a good time.

On Mother's Day, my Dad and I were able to spend some quality together. We sat under the trees in the front yard of a house to eat lunch. Dad shared his side of the family history with me, something I never knew. We reminsenced about my childhood and his days in the military. Later on we went swimming in a pool. It's the first time I've been in the pool in twenty years. At some point I felt like it's more like a Father's Day than Mother's Day.

I want to give a brief recap of what I've been doing for the last couple of weeks.

I went to Palo Alto High and spoke to about 350 students.

I did my book reading in Eastwind book store in Berkeley.

I attended the Asian Pacific American Heritage Month celebration in the War Memorial
Opera building.

I spoke at Balboa High and did presetations at Galieo High on anti violence and anti gang.

I went to bowling with my co-workers.

I went to Civil Center High to talk with a teacher about the struggles and challenges teachers faced.

I volunteered to clean up Delores Park in the Mission District and helped set up the Immigration Resource Fair in Portsmouth Square in San Francisco.

I testified in city hall's budget committee public hearings on passing supplemental funding for youth, low income families, LGBTQ communities and senoir citizens and the need for affordable wireless network for all San Franciscians.

I went jogging around Lake Merritt with friends.

As you can see, I've been keeping myself busy. When I was in prison there's not enough time in a day for me to do all the things I wanted to do. Nothing has change since I've been out in the free world. I'm grateful that I'm able to cherish my freedom.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home