Monday, December 06, 2004

The Immigrant Experience

I have a friend who searches through the Internet for articles that are of interest to me. That's one way I stay in touch with current events and connect to the world.

The latest packet of articles included four Asian American and one Haitian American writer. They wrote about their immigrant experience to the Big Apple. Somehow they all happen to be New Yorkers, which leads one to wonder whether there are more talented people living in New York.

Please check out their articles online:

"Facing Poverty with a Rich Girl's Habits" by Suki Kim

"No One Cared If I Kissed Girls" by Staceyann Chin

"New York was Our City on the Hill" by Edwidge Danticat

"I Breathed in the Air of a Million Misfits" by Sanjna N. Singh

"My Name is not Cool Anymore" by Mohammed Naseehu Ali

Feel free to write your immigrant experience and share it with people.