Sunday, November 28, 2004

Silence Please

After each visit an officer will strip search me. It is a humiliating and degrading routine that I despise and want to get over quickly. However, the officer doesn't feel the same way at times.

Today is one of those days the officer feels the needs to chat. The dialogue goes like this:

"Hey. You got a D number. Where have been been hiding?"

The officer is surprised that I looked so young, but have a D number. Based on the letter of my prison number, one can determine how long a person has been in prison.

"I have been around here & there." I take off my boots.

"Not here. Were you in Pelican Bay?" He searches my boots.

"No, I was in San Quentin." I take off my pants.

"Out of all the prisons you've been too, which one do you like the best?" He searches my pants.

"None of them." I take off my boxers.

"Which pen do you prefer to stay in?" He searches my boxers.

"None." I take off the rest of my clothes.

He laughs and looks through my naked body as I open my mouth, run my fingers through my hair, bend over & cough, lift my testicles, and show him the bottom of my feet.

I just wish that he would keep his mouth shut.