Saturday, April 07, 2007

My First Skiing Trip



One of the many places my sister wants to take me to see is Lake Tahoe. However, due to my parole and immigration restrictions, I have to ask for permission whenever I go beyond 50 mile radius of my residence. Yes, my temporary freedom comes with many conditions. My handlers have been super cool. They gave me permission to go to Lake Tahoe and spend some quality time with my family.

The first night I got to the rented house in Truckee, a blanket of stars welcomed me. I don't remember the last time, if ever, I've seen so many bright stars. It's like a goddess had dumped a million stars in one spot of the sky. When I took a few deep breathes of air, the smell of trees filled my lung. What global warming?

It's the end of the ski season so there isn't much snow. The weather was great for skiing. I went to beginners slop with my nephews. Of course, they're better skiers than I am. After my brother-in-law gave me some tips on making fries and pizza, I was on my way. I spent about three hours on the baby slop practicing my turns. Then I went to try a steep slop. I was doing all right until the last couple of runs. That's when I fell. I still have problems turning. Aside from that I did well for a first timer. I enjoyed myself.

My family had hot pot for dinner and took plenty of pictures. I love the family time.

Given the opportunity, I'd definitely come back for another skiing trip. Hopefully there will be plenty of snow.

Being in such a serene and secluded environment, it's easily to forget that there're so much chaos in the world. It's good to get away from it all once in awhile.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home