Thursday, October 04, 2007

Little Rooms

A friend was sharing with me that for the first time in her life she is living in a big room by herself. As the conversation went on, I realized that I never lived in a big room by myself my entire life. When I was in China, I slept with my aunt on a bed that was made up with two wooden stood and four planks of wood. I shared the room with my sister and brother. After I came to the US, I slept in the living room sofa and shared a room with my sister. Then the 21 years I was locked up, I slept in rooms that are smaller than any average bathroom at home. Now I'm still sleeping in a room about the size of a bathroom. (I'm not complaining at all.) I find it interesting that I didn't noticed this fact until now.

I wonder what effect it has on me psychologically having slept in small rooms all of my life, if any.

3 Comments:

Blogger DVJ said...

"a bed that was made up with two wooden stools and four planks of wood"... just like I slept on in May in a small village of mixed ethnicity (they were very proud of how they all got along) somewhere in a river valley (upper reaches of the Yangtze) between Lijiang and Zhongdian. Those beds are very efficient and comfortable, easy to take down to return the room to its daytime function.

I turn to your blog every few weeks, glad to see you active and working and still safely here.

Differently Dotty

7:17 AM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mac cosmetics, instyler, herve leger, vans outlet, abercrombie and fitch uk, mulberry uk, nike roshe run, hollister clothing, celine handbags, reebok outlet, nike air max uk, baseball bats, nfl jerseys, p90x workout, babyliss, abercrombie and fitch, nike air max, mont blanc pens, hollister, insanity workout, nike roshe run uk, jimmy choo outlet, nike air max uk, north face outlet, asics running shoes, ferragamo shoes, nike trainers uk, new balance shoes, ralph lauren uk, longchamp uk, bottega veneta, nike huaraches, beats by dre, hermes belt, soccer shoes, giuseppe zanotti outlet, north face outlet, wedding dresses, chi flat iron, soccer jerseys, lululemon, valentino shoes, nike free uk, ghd hair, mcm handbags

5:38 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors handbags, louis vuitton, pandora jewelry, links of london, michael kors outlet online, supra shoes, converse outlet, pandora uk, ugg uk, ugg, ugg pas cher, converse, louis vuitton, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, replica watches, gucci, juicy couture outlet, ray ban, louboutin, timberland boots, lancel, doke gabbana, swarovski crystal, louis vuitton, juicy couture outlet, pandora jewelry, iphone 6 cases, karen millen uk, pandora charms, hollister, nike air max, swarovski, wedding dresses, hollister, ralph lauren, michael kors outlet, coach outlet, louis vuitton, oakley, vans, toms shoes, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, thomas sabo, montre pas cher, louis vuitton, marc jacobs

5:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home