Tuesday, August 21, 2007

Black August

When I was inside the pen I had opportunities to join the annual Black August commemoration with the African American brothers. Sometimes I listened and other times I shared. I always thought it was a privilege for me to be able to connect with people from different racial groups.

This year I am able to join the Black August commemoration again, the difference is I am in the free world. The organizers invited me to speak along with a group of respected revolutionaries included Kumasi, Chief Ernie Longwalker and his wife Warrior Woman, Richard Aoki and Yuri Kochiyama. It was an honor for me to be in their presence and sharing my thoughts with all the brother and sisters who believe in change and community.

I hope all the brothers and sisters who are still in captivity know that they are not alone or forgotten.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Eddy, my name is Phan and I've been reading your blog ever since you came into the APILO SF office and talked to my youth advisory council. I would like to write about my experience regarding the presentation for my college application essay. I have a question for you. How long have you been incarcerated? I think that's the correct word. Please e-mail me at phan282002@yahoo.com. Thanks!

8:59 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home