Friday, March 23, 2007

Blogging on My Own

Hello everyone. Happy new day. I'm terribly sorry for the delay in writing in my blog. I needed some guidance in navigating the blog sphere. So here I am. I am here.

It's a truly a miracle that I'm out in the free world. My freedom would not have been possible without the love and support from my family and awesome network of friends. My heart bows to all of you.

I've been out for a little more than three weeks. Everything felt natural to me. I didn't have any difficulty adjusting to the society that I've been away for 21 years. Aside from catching upwith all the new gadgets like cell phone and the internet, I feel I'd never left. I attribute my smooth transition to having a great support system when I was inside and after I've gotten out. I didn't experience any overwhelming feeling about being out here. I had mental freedom during my incarceration. Now I receive my physical freedom (with conditions and restrictions.) I feel whole.

It would take too long to write about my countless first time experiences in the free world. I'll share my thoughts with you as I embrace this old world as the new me.

This afternoon I went to Berkeley with a friend and hung out on telegraph aveue. After getting a bite to eat we went to Eastwind book store. I met professor Harvey Dong and Bee for the first time. I felt I'd known them all my life. Being in their store is like being in a home away from home. I felt love.

Thank you so much for your patient and continual support. For the first time since I started my blog, I'm typing it myself. I'm forever grateful to my blogger who had been typing for me since August of 2004. What an awesome friend I have!

So please check in with me and keep me honest. I love you. Life is beautiful.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddy!!

All right! Typing your own blog at last!!! Check out my pages at
www.myspace.com/pauldosh
and
www.macalester.edu/las/pauldosh.html

Do you have an email address now? Write me at dosh@macalester.edu

It was fabulous talking to you on the phone last week. I'll call you again soon.

Peace,
Pablo

9:05 PM  
Blogger shailja said...

Eddy,

Huge congratulations and jubilations on being among us and out in the world again!

You continue to be a source of inspiration to me. I continue to offer your story to people as an example of someone who claims his own power in the most brutally oppressive of circumstances.

It's a joy to read about your pleasure in all you're doing, seeing, feeling and experiencing on the outside.

In community,
Shailja Patel
www.shailja.com

10:04 PM  
Blogger Zachary Drake said...

Great to have you out and about, Eddy. The world is as glad to have you in it as you are to be fee to move about. I'm glad there are places here that feel like home to you.

I'd be very interested to hear what strikes you as most changed from what you remember from before. Cell phones and Internet are certainly two big changes, but it seems you've had a "cyber presence" for qutie some time now.

12:43 AM  
Blogger Jessica604 said...

Hi Eddie,
life is indeed beautiful! Take care and keep on blogging!

1:48 PM  
Blogger adrienne said...

Hi Eddy!

It's great to know that your fingers did the typing this time! I wish I could be out in California to say "hi" to you in person, but nevertheless, it feels good knowing that you were walking down Telegraph and are out and about in the City.

9:42 PM  
Blogger Eric Mar said...

I hope you can make it to SF State soon too.

3:05 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Eddy --

I'm so glad to hear that you've been released! I hope you are out and enjoying your freedom -- but please don't stop telling us how we can support your cause.

Cheers and Congratulations!

-Jenn
reappropriate.com

5:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home