Monday, December 11, 2006

Welfare Kit

Because of a mistake, the immigration agency has not returned my money to the account in Yuba. Therefore, I have been without money to purchase food items and writing materials. For over two weeks, I've written two requests to ICE agents asking it to forward my money, but I have received no response.

When the jail delivered commisary this afternoon, I received my basic welfare kit. People without money in jail can request a welfare kit that consists of a cherry-sized razor, and index-finger-sized tube of toothpaste, a 0.34oz bag of shampoo, a miniature bar of soap, two pieces of lined paper, and a small envelope. If you want a thumb-sized toothbrush, that's in a different welfare kit.

Until I get my money back, I'll be on welfare.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home