Saturday, December 02, 2006

Embracing Pain

What does pain feel like? Does it feel like a paper cut on your finger, a toothache or a stroke? What's the difference between physical pain and emotional pain? How much pain can a person endure?

A friend suggested that I've known enough pain. I appreciate her compassion for me, but I have to disagree with her. I have not known enough pain nor would I want to do without pain. After all, pain is one of the components that keeps me alive. It's because I know pain intimately that I can imagine how much more pain others are suffering.

What's important is knowing how to embrace pain! Once you're able to become one with the pain, pain disappears. Otherwise, pain is in control of your life.

Let's ease our pain by embracing it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home