Friday, August 04, 2006

Language Improvement Needed

My Chinese sucks. When the Chinese Television KTSF Channel 26 interviewed me yesterday, I was asked to answer the questions in Cantonese then repeat it in Mandarin. Somehow I wasn't able to express my thoughts logically and freely. The sentences came out of my mouth choppy. My accents were not proper - like a new immigrant learning how to speak English. Yet inside my head everything sounded perfect. I realized that I was nervous with a camera sticking in my face. I also needed some time to warm up to speaking Chinese. My English has overpowered my Chinese. That's the reality of being indoctrinated and Americanized. It's all bad.

I need to learn how to speak Chinese properly so I can improve my bilingual skills. Because if I don't use it, it will fade away.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home