Monday, August 07, 2006

He said... He said...

There's a confrontation between two guys. (Potential Violence)

- One guy asked me to listen to his story. I did.
- He said it's the other guy's fault.
- I told him that I'll go talk to the other guy and get his side of the story.
- He got upset that I didn't believe his story.
- I explained to him I have to listen to both sides of the story before I can help resolve the conflict.

- I went to the other guy and listened to his story.
- It's a different story as I had expected.
- I offered to bring the two guys together and talk.

- The first guy decided he'd go talk to the other guy alone.
- The second didn't feel comfortable and asked me to be present.
- I told him I trust his judgement to resolve the conflict.
- Conflict resolved.

Always listen to two sides of the story before making a judgement.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home