Thursday, August 16, 2007

Eastern Medicine on the Bus

An Asian teenager got on the bus with his grandfather who's holding a big trash bag of aluminum cans. The older man dropped the bag off and smiled at me. Then he sat next to me and told me that he'd saw me on tv. He said that everyone makes mistakes and that I'm doing good helping the youth. He told me that he's 72 years old. (He didn't look a day older than 65.) I thanked him and asked where he came from. He's actually from the same village as my Mom. He said he also helps people because he knows how to feel pulse to diagnos health problems. I asked him to check my pulse. He did and told me that I'm healthy, but I haven't been sleeping soundly. He wrote out a formula of Chinese herbs for me to cook and drink. He said it will help me. I thanked him and exchanged contact information with him.

Everyday when I'm on the road and in the public is an adventure.