Thursday, April 20, 2006

Political Jostling

Two Chinese guys and I sast together for two hours watching the political jostling between Chinese president Hu and President Bush on C-Span. It's the first time I had watched President Hu speak. I was impressed that he had memorized the beginning of his speech given in front of the White House. He seemed more calm and serious than President Bush.

We were surprised to see how long it took security people to remove the lady who was heckling President Hu. It looked like a conspiracy on the U.S. government's part to humiliate President Hu. I admire that lady's courage. However, I found it ironic that she would ask President Bush to "stop [President Hu] from killing."

As the whole world watched the game of political jostling between the two countries' leaders, let's be grateful it's not a war.