Tuesday, October 12, 2004

APAture

Today I received a big envelope from Anmol. In it was 26 signed support letters and the 6th Annual APAture Booklet.

For the past two years, I had the privilege to be included in the APAture program preseted by the Kearny Street Workshop. Anmol, Monica, or another friend would set up a table to promote my zine and raise awareness about my parole situation. This year Anmol was able to show a taping of my last year's parole hearing. He's always coming up with creative ideas to help me.

I vaguely remember the first time I heard about APAture. I think it was in 1998. I met this pinay named Anita de Asis in the youth program in San Quentin. I showed her my first zine called Flying in Formation. She said that there was an event in the city where she could sell the zine for me. I didn't want to sell my zine. I was happy that someone actually wanted to read it. I told her to do whatever she wanted with it. Anita made a bunch of copies and set up a table to sell them. Afterward, she told me that she sold some and gave many away. She asked me what I wanted to do with the money. I told her to donate it to the kids she worked with in her program. It was all good.

I'm grateful that APAture was able to provide a forum for Asian Pacific American artists to share their creativity and talents. I definitely benefited from being a part of this awesome event.

I want to thank all the people who dropped by the table to check out my zine and watch the video. I'm grateful for the caring folks who signed the support letters for me. You touch of kindness goes a long way.

I want to give a special thanks to Scott Louie who is the coordinator for APAture. I appreciate your support and kind words. Hopefully, I can volunteer my service in the 7th Annual APAture. Thank you for embracing me.

6 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, replica watches, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, nike free, uggs outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, burberry handbags, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet online, prada outlet, polo outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, uggs outlet

7:03 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, michael kors, north face, north face uk, louboutin pas cher, vans pas cher, sac longchamp pas cher, air max, coach outlet store online, nike tn, michael kors pas cher, converse pas cher, nike blazer pas cher, timberland pas cher, burberry pas cher, new balance, hollister pas cher, polo lacoste, polo ralph lauren, chanel handbags, kate spade outlet, hogan outlet, coach outlet, true religion outlet, nike air force, guess pas cher, hollister uk, jordan pas cher, nike free run, sac vanessa bruno, lululemon canada, true religion outlet, nike roshe, oakley pas cher, michael kors, true religion jeans, ray ban uk, sac hermes, coach outlet, true religion outlet, coach purses, kate spade, longchamp pas cher, ray ban pas cher, nike air max

7:12 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry uk, jimmy choo outlet, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, vans outlet, bottega veneta, nike trainers uk, longchamp uk, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, nfl jerseys, hollister, hollister clothing, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti outlet, herve leger, nike roshe run uk, ghd hair, nike huaraches, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc pens, north face outlet, new balance shoes, chi flat iron, nike air max uk, babyliss, valentino shoes, hermes belt, nike air max, nike roshe run, north face outlet, celine handbags, lululemon, baseball bats, beats by dre, nike air max uk, mcm handbags, nike free uk, ralph lauren uk, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch uk, instyler, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes

7:19 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

replica watches, marc jacobs, doke gabbana, louis vuitton, timberland boots, ugg pas cher, coach outlet, michael kors outlet, links of london, louis vuitton, michael kors outlet online, toms shoes, lancel, iphone 6 cases, gucci, converse outlet, louis vuitton, hollister, karen millen uk, ugg, swarovski crystal, pandora uk, ray ban, thomas sabo, pandora charms, supra shoes, ralph lauren, ugg,uggs,uggs canada, converse, swarovski, louboutin, juicy couture outlet, ugg,ugg australia,ugg italia, montre pas cher, juicy couture outlet, oakley, vans, nike air max, louis vuitton, ugg uk, pandora jewelry, pandora jewelry, louis vuitton, michael kors handbags, hollister, wedding dresses

7:28 PM  
Blogger 郑佳颖 said...

huarache shoes
cheap jordans
adidas nmd
nike roshe one
cheap nfl jerseys
chrome hearts outlet
ultra boost
air jordans
nmd r1
prada sunglasses

6:31 PM  
Blogger raybanoutlet001 said...

ugg boots
ugg outlet
michael kors outlet
nike trainers
armani exchange
dolphins jerseys
new orleans saints jerseys
ray ban sunglasses
nike air huarache
ugg outlet

2:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home