Sunday, October 10, 2004

Inventory

It's been a quiet day. I spent most of the day in my bed area. I wrote a couple of long letters to friends and did an inventory or my property.

I have three filing boxes of legal work and two boxes of misc. writings, articles, and paperwork. I have 83 books in my locker and one my bed. I have five books that I'm reading next to my pillow. I like to read certain books at different times of the day. It's all spontaneous. I may decide to read Pablo Neruda's poem while I'm waiting for breakfast. I like to have access to different reading materials. I think that's one of the reasons why I still haven't read half of the total of books in my possessions. I'm plgging away slowly. The next book I'm getting ready to read is Elephant Vanishes by Murakami.

I enjoy kicking it on my bed, turn on some smooth jazz, and read. It's a pleasure that I will continue to indulge myself in for years to come. I wonder what it would be like to sit in the middle of a forest and read while the birds are chirping with the leaves on the trees playing percussion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home