Monday, February 19, 2007

In Search of Roots

After reading Sunday's S.F. Chronicle story on Asian Americans searching for their roots in China, it reminded me how little I know about my roots.

As a kid, I went to my Dad and Mom's ancestral villages Taishan and Zhongshan respectively during summer and winter breaks. Growing up in a city made the lifestyle of the villages foreign to me. I enjoyed my short stays, but didn't want to live there permanently. I was too young to appreciate my roots.

One day, I hope I can return to my roots and discover its beauty.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jessica604 said...

Hi Eddie!
I must say that your blog intrigues me. Sad to know that you cannot post in "real time", but it is nice to hear the words of a wise man. My father is from zhongshan. I know that someday, you'll be able to take in it's beauty.

12:38 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home