Wednesday, October 04, 2006

Dis-con-nected

It's difficult to find an understanding friend to talk to inside detention. Because the majority of detainees don't stay in one place for a long time, there's no time to build meaningful friendships. Unlike prison, there is more diversity of people and a bigger population for interactions. Therefore, when a friend told me that it's difficult for him to find the same connection with people after he got out of prison, I understood how he felt.

It gets lonely when you can't find someone to connect with and talk to when you're in a confined space for a stretch of time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Jelly said...

In an earlier post, you mentioned you didn't have access to a computer. I wondered how you manage to blog?
My name's Jenn. I'm Canadian and am teaching English in Korea right now. I've been overseas- here, and in Japan, for about 4 and a half years now.
I want to spend more time reading your site, and I intend to. I just wanted to say hello, and that I'm rooting for you.

1:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home