Tuesday, September 26, 2006

Learning History

There's a trailer on youtube.com on a documentary about Richard Aoki. No, I don't have access to a computer, so I didn't and couldn't see the trailer. I know about the documentary through word of mouth. Also, I know my friend was working on the project for awhile.

For people who don't know Richard Aoki, he was a founding member of the Black Panther Party. Not many people know about his participation in the BPP, not even some of the OGs who were in the organization. I know because when I was giving speeches on the role of Asian Americans in black struggles and movements, hardly anyone knew who Richard Aoki is. Some people heard of Yuri Kochiyama from Malcolm X's documentary, but not Richard Aoki.

People who are interested in history and social justice movements should watch the documentary. The film will be shown at the Black Panther Film Festival in the beginning of October. Please check out the trailer on youtube.com.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home