Monday, September 04, 2006

Chinese Classics

By the time I was 12 years old, I had read and loved the four major Chinese classics. They were Romance of the Three Kingdoms, Journey to the West, Dream of Red Chamber, and Watermark.

Of course, I wasn't able to understand all the words and comprehend the historical meanings completely. Nonetheless, reading those classic literatures was one of my favorite past times growing up in China. I must confess that I was reading them in comic book form. I also listened to those classices being told by storytellers on the radio. Yes, there were trading cars of characters in those classics. I used to know them all.

As an adult, I continue to enjoy those Chinese classics. I look forward to watching those classics on DVD now that they've been made into TV series.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home