Friday, August 25, 2006

IAKL Conference

Mr. Peter Kang, an attorney from Sidley Austin LLP, invited me to participate in the International Association of Korean Lawyers Conference that took place in Seattle. I was able to participate through a teleconference.

Mr. Kang represented me pro bono in a civil rights lawsuit a couple of years ago when I needed a lawyer desperately. He was able to take on the challenges and worked diligently on my case. We won the settlement. I was grateful that he volunteered his time to help me.

There are many people in society as well as those who are locked up in institutions who cannot afford legal representation to defend their rights as guaranteed under the U.S. Constitution. They could use pro bono representation. I want to implore all of you who are in the legal profession to volunteer your service to helping someone defend his or her rights. Not only is your volunteer service keeping the law honest and fair, it's good for your soul.

It was an honor for me to be a part of the IAKL Conference. I wish I had more time to share my thoughts. I appreciate those who took time to get to know me through my blog. Thank you for caring.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home