Saturday, October 30, 2004

Wisdom from Hawaii

Marc's parents and grandparents live in Honolulu, Hawaii. They travel to visit Marc at least twice a year in one of California's prisons. That's love. I had the pleasure of meeting them today.

My older brother lives in Oakland, but I haven't seen him in three years. That's another story.

One of my lady friends visited me. I had a great time communicating with her. It felt good to be in the presence of a woman.

Marc wanted me to meet his parents, so my friend & I stopped by their table to say hi. Marc's dad insisted that we sit down and join them. We did & I started chopping it up with him about religion and the philosophy of life.

Marc's dad share with me that young people shoud listen more and talk less. He said the less we talk, the more powerful we become. He said that when he was twenty years old, he thought he knew everything and that nobody was smarter than him. Now, he's older and realizes that he didn't know anything. He emphasized that young people must listen and learn from their grandparents or elders because they had been through life.

His message was that young people should listen 80% of the time and talk 20% of the time until their sixty years old. The theory was the less we talk the more time we have to think and learn. I agreed with him. I'm about 60/40 right now. I told him that I'll strive to be 70/30.

I had a great time talking to Marc's dad. I can see myself kicking it with him in Hawaii so I can listen more.

2 Comments:

Blogger oakleyses said...

michael kors outlet, uggs on sale, nike air max, michael kors outlet online, replica watches, louis vuitton, tiffany jewelry, ray ban sunglasses, replica watches, nike air max, nike free, uggs outlet, louis vuitton outlet, louis vuitton outlet, longchamp outlet, jordan shoes, burberry handbags, longchamp outlet, christian louboutin uk, michael kors outlet store, polo ralph lauren outlet online, prada outlet, polo outlet, longchamp outlet, ray ban sunglasses, prada handbags, burberry outlet, ugg boots, nike outlet, oakley sunglasses wholesale, ugg boots, louis vuitton outlet, christian louboutin outlet, michael kors outlet online, michael kors outlet, michael kors outlet online, tory burch outlet, tiffany and co, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin shoes, gucci handbags, oakley sunglasses, christian louboutin, louis vuitton, uggs outlet

7:03 PM  
Blogger oakleyses said...

mulberry uk, jimmy choo outlet, wedding dresses, asics running shoes, vans outlet, bottega veneta, nike trainers uk, longchamp uk, abercrombie and fitch, insanity workout, nfl jerseys, hollister, hollister clothing, soccer jerseys, giuseppe zanotti outlet, herve leger, nike roshe run uk, ghd hair, nike huaraches, ferragamo shoes, reebok outlet, mont blanc pens, north face outlet, new balance shoes, chi flat iron, nike air max uk, babyliss, valentino shoes, hermes belt, nike air max, nike roshe run, north face outlet, celine handbags, lululemon, baseball bats, beats by dre, nike air max uk, mcm handbags, nike free uk, ralph lauren uk, p90x workout, abercrombie and fitch uk, instyler, mac cosmetics, soccer shoes

7:19 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home