Friday, February 02, 2007

Deportation Update

As of today, I am still under the order of deportation.

According to immigration law, if Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) has not
removed me from the U.S. in 90 days, the ICE field office director will review my case for consideration of release on the Order of Supervision.

Today is my 90-day custody review. However, ICE denied my release and decided to keep me in detention.

I will remain in ICE custody pending my removal from the U.S.

ICE stated that it's actively pursuing to secure travel documents from the Chinese Embassy so it can deport me.

I've complied with the order of removal. However, I don't know how long it will take for ICE to obtain my travel documents.

I believe that I should be released from ICE custody until it's time for my departure.

My future continues to be in a holding pattern.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home