Wednesday, November 15, 2006

Final Appeals

My attorney has filed a stay of deportation to stop the government's deportation process pending my appeals in the Ninth Circuit Court.

I have two appeals in the Ninth Circuit Court. One is an appeal on the Board of Immigration Appeals' dismissal of my appeal challenging the immigration judge's decision to deport me. The other is challenging the constitutionality of the government keeping me in its custody for over 18 months.

If I lose those two appeals, my case will be over and ICe will deport me.

I don't know how long the appeals are going to take and what the chances are of my winning them. It's all bad for the home team right now.

I am debating what next step will be. Thanks you for staying on top of my situation.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home