Monday, February 13, 2006

Bearing Witness

Today I went to San Francisco again to continue with last week's hearing. This time I didn't have to talk. Instead, I was able to listen to my witnesses testify on my behalf. Everyone did a great job speaking from the heart.

As I listened to all the testimonies from family members and friends, I was experiencing a wide range of emotions. Yet, nothing was able to compare to the emotions I felt when my mom testified in tears. My own tears were finding their way to the tearducts as guilt and love battled it out inside of me. How many sons realize the heartaches we have caused our mothers?! How many sons comprehend the depth of our mother's love for us?

At the end of the hearing, the judge did not make a decision on my case. He requested from us an expert witness who can testify that I will not be a threat to society and that I will be an asset instead. The prosecuting attorney requested more time to convince my victims to testify against me. Therefore, the judge will set a new hearing to finish my case. The hearing will most likely take place at the end of March.

I'm forever grateful to all the friends who had come to support me at the hearing. Without your presence, none of this progress would have been possible. I love you!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home