Thursday, December 08, 2005

A Slip of the Tongue

In 1989, I'd made a conscious decision to stop using profanity in my speech. I realized that I was cursing too much without any purpose. Since then I'd successfully minimized the usage of profanity to a bare minimum. I often used other vocabularies to express myself. Many times, some of my friends would tease me about not being able to say the f-word. That's a habit that I'm proud of. However, I did use profanity when I felt it was the appropriate moment to make a point. Those are rare occasions.

Last night in response to someone's outburst, my tongue slipped and used the f-word. I regretted immediately. I didn't feel very proud of myself. It's the first time in a few years since I'd used profanity. It's just not my style.

I want to keep my good habits.