Thursday, December 29, 2005

Nobody Knows

It's been my day off from work, so I had a chance to watch the movie by Kore-Edu Hirozaku Nobody Knows.

The movie was inspired by a true story that had shocked Japan. A young single mother left her four children in an apartment to fend for themselves. The 12-year-old boy had to take care of his younger siblings. To avoid eviction from the landlord, he was the only one allowed to go in & out of the apartment. In the end, one kid died from an accident and the rest continued to fend for themselves.

The scene where all the kids decided to leave the apartment after being inside for months made tears rushing out of my eyes. I felt happy and free for them. I was thinking about how I haven't had the chance to go outside to see the world in almost 20 years.

I know that day will come.