Monday, November 15, 2004

Necessary Critters

My friend Anne's cat Luna passed away. They have been friends for 20 years. It's difficlut for Anne to let Luna go. She misses her presence. Luna will be cremated and released into the ocean.

I had a cat when I was in China. I don't remember its name. I was not able to appreciate its presence. I still have a picture of the cat at home.

I remember we had a huge cage of pigeons for awhile. There was a red triangular flag that stuck out of the cage. The pigeons would come back to the cage at a certain time of day.

We also had a tank full of exotic goldfish. The tank looked like a 13-inch color TV. We also raised chicken in the kitchen. The hens laid eggs and roosters were food for special occasions. I think we had a couple of little turtles running around the house.

We all have Lunas in our lives.