Saturday, January 06, 2007

It's a Habit

I overslept this morning because I went to bed late. I spent three and a half hours talking to a gang member who wants to change his life but doesn't know how.

I explained my philosophy on making changes as someone who has been there, done that and still doing it. Contemplation, internalization, and direct action are keys to self-transformation. We have to change out thinking before we change our actions. The importance of setting short-term and long-term goals, taking things one step and one day at a time are a must. Being honest with ourselves can lead to the beginning of internal revolution.

It's good to hear myself talk about the techniques I had learned and applied to transform myself. As Aristotle says, "Excellence is not an art, it's a habit." Making changes for the betterment of self or others takes good habits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home