Wednesday, March 22, 2006

One More to Go

Finally, all the testimonies for my application for adjustment of status to stay in this country were completed this afternoon. Four of the expert witnesses testified on my behalf. They unanimously believed that my presence in the U.S. will be beneficial to society at large.

The judge did not make a decision on my adjustment. He wants us to present our Convention Against Torture case and then make a written decision on the entire case. Therefore, my final hearing on my deportation case is scheduled for APril 13th at 1pm.

The weather was beautiful in the City today. I'm grateful for all the witnesses who had testified and the people who had attended the hearing. I'm continuously encouraged and humbled by your presence.

I want to send a special appreciation to the generous lady from L.A. County. It was a pleasure meeting you.