Tuesday, August 24, 2004

Love Always Supercedes Money

Every Tuesday afternoon I have a date with my mom on the telephone. She will not go out of the house of take a nap until she talks to me. If I can't get on the phone until the evening, she will worry and wonder what might have happened to me. I can never convince her otherwise. Mom loves me.

Mom told me that she went with Dad and my Guardian Angel to San Francisco to meet with an editor of a Chinese newspaper. They were seeking ways to help me get out of prison. The editor was familiar with the crimes I had committed 18 years ago. He asked Mom to give him reasons for him to support my parole. Mom said I was young when I committed those crimes; I served my time; I have been a model prisoner; I've expressed remorse and am a changed man; I'll be going to school and working with youth after I get out; and, most importantly, the family is financially secure that I don't have to worry about money. Mom emphasized that financial security is very important.

That's what I thought when I was a kid and what the capitalist system teaches that money is everything. As a socially conscious adult, I have to disagree with that wholeheartedly. Love is everything! To love to be loved is everything. Being in love is everything!

One of the biggest reasons anyone who wants to support me should be that Eddy Zheng knows who he is. I am a compassionate and intelligent adult. I believe that I am one of the wealthiest human beings on this earth because I have a loving family, over a hundred friends who are compassionate, a healthy body, and a free mind.

It is the actions of unconditional love from my family and friends that made me into who I am.

Love is everything!