HR 4437 is the Border Protection, Antiterrorism, and Illegal Immigration Control Act of 2005.
According to the Immigration Legal Resource Center in San Francisco, if HR 4437 passes the U.S. Senate, it'll have a devastating effect on the 12 million illegal immigrants and all legal immigrants as well as citizens in this country.
Some of the negative effects of HR 4437 are...
- HR 4437 criminalizes organizations and individuals assisting undocumented workers.
- HR 4437 criminalizes undocumented immigrant status.
- HR 4437 grants state and local law enforcement agencies "inherent authority" to enforce immigration laws.
- HR 4437 furthers the erosion of due process.
- HR 4437 turns many minor crimes into aggravated felonies, which carry the worst possible immigration consequences.
Millions of people across the nation are protesting against this draconian law. Everyone should become aware of HR 4437 and take action against its passing.
For more information on HR 4437, pelase log onto www.ilrc.org/criminal.html